Gay and Single – Not Alone

这个话题的文章挺少见的。个人觉得这篇文章挺不错,即便对号入座也挺舒服的,如果不能对号入座就祝[del]性(误)[/del]幸福吧 :stuck_out_tongue:

这里是原文链接,以下是正文

Society projects an idealized image of a fulfilled life as being straight and married with children. This is viewed as the pinnacle of success in the hierarchy of love. At the very least we should all have a significant other in our lives. With the advent of gay marriage, many gay men are feeling even more pressure to be coupled. It’s true that gays have become increasingly more accepted into mainstream society; however, the expectation of being partnered has also increased as a result. It’s okay to be gay nowadays but it’s not too cool to be gay and single anymore.

Single gay men over thirty or forty are often viewed as the lost souls of the world. People look at them and wonder if they are “afraid of commitment” or just “unlucky in love”. They also tend to feel sorry for them because they don’t fit the mold of what society deems as acceptable. But is a person defective because they are single and living alone? Is anything really lacking in their lives? Admittedly, being single does pose some challenges but it doesn’t necessarily mean that they have to be faced alone. When a person in a relationship encounters a struggle, they can usually rely on their spouse or partner to help them through. Does this mean the single gay man is doomed during a similar crisis? On the contrary – many gay singles have developed intimate and loving relationships with friends and family members. Although these relationships may not be “legitimized” by the larger society, they are no less valid or important. In fact, these relationships can actually provide a much stronger support system to the individual than having just a spouse or partner to rely upon.

It takes a lot of character and ego strength to live life on your own. Many gay singles have a wealth of strengths and capabilities so they don’t always feel the “need” to enter into traditional relationships. In fact, they should be admired for their courage, resiliency and contributions to society.

We all need to take a deeper look at our thoughts, beliefs and social prejudices- especially in the area of relationships. What’s “right” for one person may not always work for another. There are many gay men who remain happily single by choice. Let us recognize and accept this as a valid life option without projecting our own biases or fears about “being alone” upon them.

高端帖果然是没人看啊。。。等我忙完这阵子再好好看吧。。。

先mark。
明天翻译一下。

拙译

单身同志不孤单!

社会对于完美的人生往往勾画出这样一种理想化的状态:性向正常、已婚、有子女。在爱情的等级制中,这种状态被看做是成功的巅峰。再怎么着,总得找个老伴吧!随着同志婚姻的出现,很多同志更加感到了去找另一半的压力迫在眉睫。诚然,同志在主流社会中已经获得了越来越多的接受,但是随之而来的,是一种让他们都配对成双的期望。现在,你大可以光明正大做个同志,但要是你执意想做个光棍同志,恐怕就不那么入流了。

奔四奔五的光棍儿同志往往被视为这个世界上的丧家犬。人们在审视他们时,往往怀疑他们怯于承担责任,或者干脆把他们看作些情场上的失意人。人们还会可怜他们,因为他们不被接受,不合社会之规矩,不中世俗之绳墨。但是,我们能因为一个人独身就说他有缺陷吗?打光棍儿的生活确实不容易,但这并不意味着光棍儿们在困境中都孤立无援。面对困难时,一个在恋爱关系的人通常会依靠他的另一半来挺过去。可我们就能因此认为一个单身同志在面对困难时就完蛋了吗?正相反,很多单身同志与自己的闺蜜及家人都关系融洽亲密无间。虽然这些人都不是在社会中“法定”的伴侣,但这并不意味着他们的作用无足轻重;相反,他们比一个法定恋人可能来得更实在、可靠。事实上,比之于一个伴侣,这些来自朋友和家庭的关系形成了一个更加强有力的支持系统。

独身需要强大的定力。很多单身同志都是有实力、有能力的汉子,他们并不觉得自己需要一般的恋爱或婚姻关系。所以,我们应该学习他们的勇气和适应力,承认他们对于社会的贡献。

我们需要认真审视我们自己在人际关系方面的想法、观念以及社会偏见。这个人的美食可能是另一个人的毒药。我们应该看到,很多主动选择单身的同志都活得很快活。所以,我们为什么不摒除对于单身的偏见和恐惧,而把它视为一种合理正当的人生选择呢?

Have never had a boyfriend in my entire life and I’m over 50 yrs old. Not afraid of committment, however, every person that I’ve ever been attracted to has not been attracted to me. I don’t think I’m picky. But most of the guys I find as handsome are usually straight.

我都奔六了,这辈子都没有过一个男朋友。不是害怕承诺,但悲催的是,我感兴趣的人都对我没兴趣。真的不是我眼光高,但谁让我看上帅哥的大多是直男呢?

果然还是得专业人士出马。明天粘到豆瓣小站去。

这也太谦虚了吧 -.- 看到“不中世俗之绳墨”顿时觉得自己除了英语,语文也被鄙视了…

这句和前面的"规矩”其实是对偶的。。 直译和意译结合,译文应该还有些值得商榷的不妥之处。

小鱼乃太犀利了,深藏不漏啊!!!
我觉得我除了会日常会话,完全不会国文之美啊= =|||

很多单词不认识- -:onion_22:

我甚至觉得一个人连单身的生活都处理不好的话,他就没办法去经营一段深刻的感情

这句子:yc_46:

……慢慢对照中英文看:onion_36:

唉 是啊 生活中遇到的心仪对象都不是同类