valerie's letter from V for Vedentta 附我的翻译一篇

这篇看电影的时候我就记住了,在网上居然也找到了这段文本。本来有两个版本的,两个都差不多,各自有一些感人的记录。(表达方式跟细节不一样。)下面的,如果没记错是我按字幕加上自己听过修正过的吧。应该是记错了。: (

lesbian的故事。Valerie's autobiography.

I don't know who you are. Please believe. There is no way I can convince you that this is not one of their tricks. But I don't care. I am me, and I don't know who you are, but I love you.

I have a pencil. A little one they did not find. I am a women. I hid it inside me. Perhaps I won't be able to write again, so this is a long letter about my life. It is the only autobiography I have ever written and oh God I'm writing it on toilet paper.

I was born in Nottingham in 1957, and it rained a lot. I passed my eleven plus and went to girl's Grammar. I wanted to be an actress.

I met my first girlfriend at school. Her name was Sara. She was fourteen and I was fifteen but we were both in Miss. Watson's class. Her wrists. Her wrists were beautiful. I sat in biology class, staring at the picket rabbit foetus in its jar, listening while Mr. Hird said it was an adolescent phase that people outgrew. Sara did. I didn't.

In 1976 I stopped pretending and took a girl called Christine home to meet my parents. A week later I enrolled at drama college. My mother said I broke her heart.

But it was my integrity that was important. Is that so selfish? It sells for so little, but it's all we have left in this place. It is the very last inch of us. But within that inch we are free.

London. I was happy in London. In 1981 I played Dandini in Cinderella. My first rep work. The world was strange and rustling and busy, with invisible crowds behind the hot lights and all that breathless glamour. It was exciting and it was lonely. At nights I'd go to the Crew-Ins or one of the other clubs. But I was stand-offish and didn't mix easily. I saw a lot of the scene, but I never felt comfortable there. So many of them just wanted to be gay. It was their life, their ambition. And I wanted more than that.

Work improved. I got small film roles, then bigger ones. In 1986 I starred in "The Salt Flats." It pulled in the awards but not the crowds. I met Ruth while working on that. We loved each other. We lived together and on Valentine's Day she sent me roses and oh God, we had so much. Those were the best three years of my life.

In 1988 there was the war, and after that there were no more roses. Not for anybody.

In 1992 they started rounding up the gays. They took Ruth while she was out looking for food. Why are they so frightened of us? They burned her with cigarette ends and made her give them my name. She signed a statement saying I'd seduced her. I didn't blame her. God, I loved her. I didn't blame her.

But she did. She killed herself in her cell. She couldn't live with betraying me, with giving up that last inch. Oh Ruth. . . .

They came for me. They told me that all of my films would be burned. They shaved off my hair and held my head down a toilet bowl and told jokes about lesbians. They brought me here and gave me drugs. I can't feel my tongue anymore. I can't speak.

The other gay women here, Rita, died two weeks ago. I imagine I'll die quite soon. It's strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I had roses and I apologized to nobody.

I shall die here. Every last inch of me shall perish. Except one.

An inch. It's small and it's fragile and it's the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it, or sell it, or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I don't know who you are. Or whether you're a man or a woman. I may never see you or cry with you or get drunk with you. But I love you. I hope that you escape this place. I hope that the world turns and that things get better, and that one day people have roses again. I wish I could kiss you.

Valerie

我不知道你是谁。但请相信我。我无法证明这不是他们的诡计,而我不在乎。我就是我,无论你是谁,我都爱你。

我有只铅笔。一只他们没发现的笔头。我是个女人。也许以后我再也不能写了,所以这将是一封记录我生命的信,我唯一的传记,哦,天啊,竟然写在一张厕纸上。

1957年,多雨的日子,我出生在诺丁汉。我通过了考试,进入女校念书。我想当一个演员。

在那儿我遇到了第一个女朋友。她叫Sara。她14岁,我15,都在Watson小姐的班。她的手腕是那么漂亮。我在生物课上,看着小兔子蜷在窝里。Hird先生在讲,这是青春期的正常现象,人们会长大的。Sara如此,我没有。

1976年,我不再伪装,带了Christine回家,见了父母。一周后我被一所戏剧学校录取了。妈妈说我让她心碎。但是我内心的公正更重要。这很自私吗?它一文不值,但却是我们能保留在内心的全部。这是我们的最后一点空间,在这里我们无拘无束。

伦敦。在伦敦的日子是那么开心。1981年我在Cinderella中扮演Dandini,我的第一个角色。这世界是诡异的,喧闹而忙碌的,到处都是无形的人群围绕着光柱,追求让人窒息的魔力。那很刺激,但让人寂寞。晚上我也会去酒吧,或者那些俱乐部。但我总是孤独站在一边,不轻易靠近。我看过太多这样的场景,但我在那里从不自在。他们,如此多,都只是想找点乐子。* 这是他们的生活,他们的志向。我想要的更多。

我事业发展了,接到一些小角色,更重要的角色。1986年,我主演了the salt flats。它得了很多奖,却没有观众。这是我人生最重要的一部电影,不是因为我当了主演,而是我遇到了Ruth。我爱她。我们走到了一起,在情人节那天她送了我玫瑰,在我们房间为我种满玫瑰。*上帝啊,我们还能再奢求什么。那是我人生中最幸福的时光,那三年。

1988年战争爆发了,从此再也没有了绽放的玫瑰。

1992年他们开始逮捕同性恋。他们在Ruth出去找吃的时候把她抓走了。为什么他们如此害怕我们?他们用香烟灼她,让她说出我的名字。她还被迫签署一份声明说我诱惑了她。我不怪他。上帝啊,我如此爱她,绝不怪她。

但是她无法承受。Ruth在她的牢房结束了自己的生命。她放弃了内心最后的那一寸,她无法面对背叛我的事实,无法生活下去。

哦,我的Ruth……

他们逮捕了我,告诉我所有我出演的电影都要被销毁。他们剔光我的头发,把我的头按到便池里,讲同性恋的笑话。他们把我带到这里,强迫我吃药。我的舌头再也没有感觉了,我不能说话了。

这里的另外一个女同性恋,Rita,两周前去了。我想我时日也不多了。想到自己的生命在这样一个恐怖的地方结束,真别扭。但是有了那三年与Ruth在一起的日子,有Ruth给我的玫瑰,我无怨无悔。

我就要在这里死去了。我的每一寸都将消失。除了那一点。

那一寸。它是那么渺小,那么脆弱,而它是这世上唯一值得拥有的东西。我们绝不能丢失它,出卖它,或者放弃它。我们决不能让他们夺走这一寸。

我不知道你是谁,是男是女。我永远不能看着你,与你哭泣,与你畅饮。但是我爱你。我希望你能逃出去。我希望这世界转变,事情变得好起来,直到人们又能拥有玫瑰与爱情。吻你。

Valerie

*gay这里有双关……我翻不出

*这个版本是这样,这里另外一个版本的记录更感人,我按记忆按那个版本翻译的

我自己翻译的。

真没用,根本比不上原文。

哭着翻完的。丢人不?每次看这个都会哭。

这两天心情比较低落。看这个或者听les miserables就会哭,呵呵

倒是个发泄情绪的好办法。

虽然前面那段英文我因为水平关系直接飘过

but

but!

居然是我最爱的V字仇杀队的。。。